The American diet mainly consist of unhealthy fats, animal products, carbohydrates, and the nemesis of health, processed sugar. Most people overly consume, dairy cheese, bread and crackers, potato chips, meat, and sugary desserts in the form of cake, cookies, ice cream etc. The American diet is full of calories, but no nutrients, it expands your waist, but doesn’t fill you up. Therefore, you keep eating, eating, and eating; and you continue to keep gaining, gaining, and gaining more weight.
Let’s not forget the temples of fast food which have been erected so that millions can enter each day to pay homage and worship. Fast food has probably contributed to more deaths than all the wars combined, yet people continue to trudge mindlessly to them as though they are chained by their power, and have no ability to stop and no choice. The choice has been taken away from you by the addition of processed sugar, unhealthy fats, and dead carbohydrates contained in the fast food. Fast food and overly processed food is formulated to make you addicted. You eat and never get full, you consume and are never nourished. People who are starving and people who are obese are both malnourished.
Hence pornography is similar. People who use pornography aren’t just looking for pleasure, they are looking for human connection. They are looking to be fulfilled from something that can never deliver. So, they look at the pictures or videos and hope that by consuming enough of it they will be satisfied. But, they aren’t satisfied, they just become addicted and miserable: and once addicted they no longer have the control over stopping. They may even forget they were looking for human love, connection, and relationships. Just as people who consume all the trash that is called food are looking for nourishment, nutrients, and satiation of hunger; but all they find is empty calories, weight gain, and disease. Why does the food industry make food that is so bad for people, food that stimulates disease and obesity: the answer is simple, it is for profit and monetary gain. It’s the same reason so much money is made from pornography, and the results are the same; the destruction of the human life and the human spirit.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP OURSELVES:
- Try to only purchase food that is in its original form, it may or may not be organic, but stop eating food that is unrecognizable from the way it grows.
- Take the time to cook your own food. I know we are pressed for time, but there are ways around eating fast food. Chop your vegetables ahead of time. Buy vegetables pre-cut.
- Cook several meals at once and freeze them so you can defrost them later to be eaten.
- Find healthy alternatives to snacking, such as fruit, vegetables, real protein shakes,(not those filled with processed sugar).
- Educated yourself about what you are really eating: the calories, the sodium, the sugar, the additives. ( Re-educate yourself about what a healthy diet consist of )
- To avoid the temptation to use pornography, fight to build human relationships with real people. Remember that what you are looking at via the computer or telephone screen isn’t real; even if live people are there, there is no intimate, real connection with them. You are paying these people for their services and it is for their profit and at your loss. And you are losing much more than money.
- Also constantly strive to develop yourself, physically, mentally, and spiritually. Don’t fall into the trap of believing that anyone else can do this for you. Find and participate in things that you are gifted in as well as things that bring pleasure in a positive way: this could be sports, music, art, more education for yourself. The list is endless.
- Take note
that you have control over your own life, and if you don’t take control over what you eat, your personal relationships, and your choices in life; someone will make the choice for you.